In this episode of Fearless Rebelle Radio, I’m chatting with Victoria Welsby, Confidence and Body Love Coach, and the badass babe behind BAM POW LIFE.
She talks about why we are so scared of fat, what you can do to change your internal bias and what to do if you’re afraid your partner will leave you if you gain weight.
In This Episode, We Chat About
- Victoria’s story of being homeless, experiencing abuse and low self-esteem and how her adversity made her more resilient and helped her become a badass fat activist,
- We explore why society is so afraid of fat and what Victoria learned when she did a social experiment asking people their thoughts on fat bodies,
- What the good fatty/bad fatty dichotomy is and why our culture is so obsessed with health,
- How to challenge and change internalized fatphobia and help others to see their biases,
- What Victoria did when her partner told her that he would find her more attractive if she was thinner,
- What to do if you’re in a relationship where you are afraid your partner will leave you if you gain weight,
- Whether it’s possible to change your partner’s point of view and help them challenge their social conditioning,
- Plus so much more!